The 23rd ACM Symposium on Document Engineering
August 22, 2023 to August 25, 2023
Call for competitors: Quality, Space and Time Competitions on Binarizing Photographed Documents & Binarizing Scanned Documents
These DocEng 2023 competitions focus on the challenges of binarizing photographed and scanned documents assessing the provided solution in terms of image quality, memory space claimed by the binary image, and processing time.
- The basic training and test set for this competition is currently available at the DIB platform, where there are several photographed and scanned documents with different features.
- New photographed and scanned images may be included in the test sets.
- There will not be the "best algorithm" as the result of these competitions, but the set of "best quality-time" algorithms for the different classes of documents.
- Several quality measures will be employed to rank the algorithms.
- The top ten results for each class of document are presented together with their average processing (c.p.u) time and storage space claimed.
- The submitted algorithms will not only be compared among themselves, but also with 67 of the best known binarization algorithms.
- A report on each competition will be published in the DocEng 2023 conference proceedings.
- For further information please contact the competition organizers.
PLEASE NOTE: Algorithms already published or submitted to other competitions are welcome. The proceedings will be published in the ACM Digital Library as in the previous years.
You can also download the brochure for this challenge
- Rafael Dueire Lins (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Steven J. Simske (email@example.com)
- Gabriel Pereira e Silva (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Ricardo Barboza (email@example.com)
- April 3rd, 2023: Competition opens to the participants
- July 3rd, 2023: Deadline for the registration for the contest with submission of the required executable code as well as a short description of the participants’ summarization methodology.
- August 22nd, 2023: Final results of the contests to be announced at the DocEng 2023 conference.