The 18th ACM Symposium on Document Engineering
August 28, 2018 to August 31, 2018
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Call for Tutorial Proposals
Help DocEng bring new and exciting areas of research to the document engineering community by proposing a tutorial!
As in previous years, we plan to hold one day of tutorials and workshops before the start of the main conference. We would like to distinguish between tutorials and workshops. Tutorials are held by a domain expert and introduce a current topic of interest to symposium attendees. Tutorials can provide a survey of recent literature on the topic, and/or a graduate-level treatment of the topic.
DocEng is looking for tutorials that are cutting edge, accessible to a wide audience, and delivered by world-class speakers. Tutorial proposals in all areas of document engineering are encouraged, especially those related to the theme of the conference.
Tutorials will be held on Tuesday, August 28th, 2018.
Each tutorial proposal must include:
- Title of the tutorial
- Organizer name(s) along with contact information, short biography, and selected publications
- Description of the tutorial and duration: half-day (3 hours) or full day (6 hours)
- A description of previous tutorial experience and past versions of the tutorial
- Rationale for the tutorial including the importance, timeliness, and novelty of the tutorial and how it can introduce new tools, ideas, and topics to the document engineering community
- Outline of the tutorial (e.g., will it have a single speaker, a laboratory component) and description of material to be presented
Tutorial proposals will be peer-reviewed based on the above information.
Workshop proposals are due by December 15th, 2017
Notification of acceptance will be given by January 1st, 2018
Please contact email@example.com with any inquiries. To submit a tutorial proposal please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a 1-2 page PDF attachment, which answers the above mentioned questions.