The 18th ACM Symposium on Document Engineering
August 28, 2018 to August 31, 2018
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Call for Workshop Proposals
Help DocEng bring new and exciting areas of research to the document engineering community by proposing a workshop!
As in previous years, we plan to hold one day of tutorials and workshops before the start of the main conference. We would like to distinguish between tutorials and workshops. Workshops provide a setting in which to develop visions and exchange ideas in a specialised field of interest.
DocEng is looking for workshops that are cutting edge, accessible to a wide audience, and delivered by world-class speakers. Workshop proposals in all areas of document engineering are encouraged, especially those related to the theme of the conference.
Workshops will be held on Tuesday, August 28th, 2018.
Each workshop proposal must include:
- Title of the workshop
- Organizer name(s) along with contact information, short biography, and selected publications
- Description of the workshop and duration: half-day (3 hours) or full day (6 hours)
- A description of previous workshop experience and past versions of the workshop
- Rationale for the workshop including the importance, timeliness, and novelty of the workshop and how it can introduce new tools, ideas, and topics to the document engineering community
- Outline of the workshop
- Details of the workshop logistics (e.g., will it have a PC and who will they be, will it have proceedings)
We plan to publish all workshop proceedings in the ACM digital library as an appendix of the DocEng proceedings.
Workshop proposals will be peer-reviewed based on the above information.
Workshop proposals are due by December 15th, 2017
Notification of acceptance will be given by January 1st, 2018
Please contact email@example.com with any inquiries. To submit a workshop proposal please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a 1-2 page PDF attachment, which answers the above mentioned questions.